Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Holiday: Eastwest Bank Basic Savings Account

Eastwest Bank ATM / Debit Card

What a good way to do with your 13th month; open a Basic Savings Account with Eastwest Bank.
Well, I’ve been a patron of RCBC Savings Bank for a little while now and I do not have any complaints except that I find it sometimes difficult to use my ATM Savings card on some POS like let’s say, gas stations, restaurants, etc.

It is a plain ATM card so when swiped it would require me to enter my PIN code or even not accepted to some establishments since it cannot serve like a debit card. Like when I gas up, oftentimes I would need to get down from the car and walk towards the Cashier just to enter my pin. Talk about hassle. LOL!

So last week, I browsed the web and looked for an affordable debit card when I came across Eastwest Bank Basic Savings Account. It only required a Php 100 for you to open the account, which is also the same amount you need to maintain on the account else you will be charge Php 500 for the below maintaining balance fee. This type of account comes with an ATM / Debit card that has a VISA logo so no need to enter your PIN code on every transaction unless you are withdrawing money from an ATM Machine. It is also widely accepted, thanks to VISA. Talk about hassle-free and cashless transactions.

The card also has a sleek design and most importantly a functional online service that is quite important to me as I settle our bills online.

Now, to give you a more brief information on my venture for the card –

  • Tuesday, December 15, 2015 – I went to East West Bank, spoke to the Bank Office and handed off my requirements:
                          · Digitalized old SSS ID

                          · TIN ID

                          · Company ID

                          · SkyCable Bill (under my name)

                          · 2 pcs of 2x2 ID picture

I filled out the forms and deposited Php 1,000 (not a requirement) for my initial balance. I was advised then that the actual card needs to be claimed after 5-7 banking days.

  • Thursday, December 17, 2015 – I contacted the bank to check the status of my card and it is readily available for claim so, I came back to the bank to fetch the card and was advised that it will be activated after 24 hours only at that time I can change my PIN.
  • Friday, December 18, 2015 - Activated the card, went back to the bank and signed the Internet form for the Internet Banking.
So for some tips, make sure to bring a digitalized government ID. For some reason, they only consider that as primary proof of your Identification except if you have your passport handy with you and also make sure that you do not forget to sign the Internet Banking forms well that is if you opt to use Online Banking.

 For more details, log on to: http://eastwestbanker.com/
 




No comments:

Post a Comment